Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where Were You, Skype?

As I sit in my bedroom some Saturday mornings and watch my children talk to their grandparents on the PC using Skype software, I can't help but smile and be happy that they have a way in which they can communicate with their grandparents, and see them to boot when they are so many thousands of miles away.

But at the same time I am filled with an inner-rage that is almost uncontainable.  A rage that demands of me that I put my fist through the computer screen and run about the room screaming like Godzilla as he is attacking Tokyo and the surrounding suburbs.

Where were you, Skype, when I needed you?  Where were you 14 years ago when I met my wife and I rang up hundreds of dollars in phone bills every month talking to my fiance on the phone?  Where were you when I needed to talk to my parents 20 years ago and couldn't because we couldn't afford the $10/minute phone calls?  Do you know what you've cost me over the years?  Do you have any idea what your laziness and procrastination to be developed and implemented have cost me?

I ought to punch you in your stupid Skype face, that's what I ought to do.  But ultimately what good would it do?  I just hope you're happy with yourself.  Thanks a lot, Skype.



**editors note:  of course, The Bangles have absolutely nothing to do with Skype.  I just really love their music**

No comments:

Post a Comment