Thursday, September 2, 2010

Things I Miss Living Overseas

One of the most popular questions in a "getting to know you better" exercise almost has to be:  "Tell us something most people don't know about you."

Whenever I've been asked this question (and yes, I have) my first response is usually that I lived overseas for five years of my life.  Followed by "Where?", of course, followed my canned "southern Africa" response.

And there you have it.  Something maybe some of you didn't even know about.  I lived overseas in southern Africa (Swaziland, to be exact) for roughly five years of my life.

I'll probably start blogging a bit more here and there about things I miss being over there (although, I have to admit, the years are beginning to cloudy and muddy up much of what I remember).

But thank goodness, my parents still live there and I still get lots of interesting things from them, including this.  I think that one of the things I miss most is the quirky attitude and sense of humor of so many over there.  This is an excellent example of just that (courtesy of my folks), and I would love to fly with Kulula Airlines (South Africa) given the opportunity.  Tell me this isn't a plane you'd like to fly in.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment