Thursday, September 9, 2010

Freaking Giddy Blog: 'The Dark Tower'

BD Horror News - Stephen King's 'The Dark Tower' Becomes Epic New Franchise!!

I've been hearing news about this for a while now, but it looks like it's finally going to happen!

A couple of years ago, I decided for my summer reading excursion (summer is the season I finally find time to start reading things I've been meaning to for a while) to go in a different direction with my Stephen King and read 'The Dark Tower' series (been reading King for years but mainly sticking to the horror novels).

Suffice to say, I read all 7 books in the span of the two months I had (some I read in two days flat punctuated with a few days space before the next one).  I didn't so much read them as I inhaled them.  Point of fact, as I write this, I see them on my shelf and I just may have to start them again.

Probably my favorite novels ever, and that's really saying something, I think.

You can imagine how stoked I am about this!  Of course, with the creation of such a thing (or rather, the adaptation of something to another medium) comes the possibility it will completely reek.  But with Ron Howard at the helm (of at least the first one) and such amazing source material to work with from the very beginning, this could be something epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment